Spring is nearly here and if you’re in search of an Aurora house painter we’ve got you covered. Spring is all about new, fresh beginnings and your home may be begging for a refresh as well! We’re proud to be a local Aurora house painter and we love making sure our clients feel informed and knowledgeable about what to expect with their project. That being said, how do you know whether or not it’s time to paint? We’re all about using this blog to give you the information you need to make the best decisions for yourself. So, before you go and start googling Aurora house painters let’s make sure you need to paint this year.
Why is Painting Important?
We’ve talked about it before but it cannot be understated. Your exterior paint is the first line of your home’s defense. We don’t mean paint is going to necessarily keep you safe. What we’re talking about is the role it plays in protecting your home. Paint creates a layer that protects your home from environmental elements. What do these elements do? Well, things like pollution, dirt, dust, and moisture cling on to the outside of your home and will breakdown the integrity of your paint over time. This leads to fading, peeling, cracking, and failing paint which can lead to even bigger issues. If you don’t use the right paint products for your home or address issues quickly you can end up with thousands of dollars in damage to your siding and trim.
What to Look For
There are quite a few signs that it may be time to paint. Aurora is in what is referred to as “hail alley” so along with all of the normal wear and tear paint faces, you also have to be aware of how weather affects your home’s exterior. Finding a local Aurora house painter is critical to making sure you not only get a great final product. It also ensures that you are working with a company that will be there to honor their warranty should anything come up. Any Aurora house painter you work with should be able to show you areas of concern however, we’ve compiled a list of things to look for on your home. If your home shows one or more signs of wear and tear you should probably consider painting, either DIY or professionally, soon in order to protect your investment.
Signs It’s Time to Paint
- Fading. This will be most noticeable on the south and west facing sides of your home however, be sure to do a full walk around to check for discoloration.
- Peeling or flaking paint. Check the trim on your home as this is the area generally most affected. If you notice peeling or flaking paint on your siding then it is DEFINITELY time to paint.
- Water damage on siding and trim. If you notice warped or swollen boards then you most likely have failing paint. This should be addressed immediately. When water is allowed to pass through your paint you are getting into expensive territory with the cost of wood replacement.
- Cracking paint. If your paint was watered down before being applied or if you have an older home that has lead paint you may experience cracking paint. Obviously, this product’s integrity has been compromised and it should be removed and disposed of properly before repainting.
- Discoloration or splotches. This is similar to fading but it can look a lot worse due to it’s patchy nature. When a product is not applied properly it can be thinner in some areas. This leads to accelerated rates of fading only in certain areas. A properly applied, even coat is going to ensure your paint job lasts.
We probably haven’t seen the last of the snow here. Dare to dream! However, we highly recommend getting ahead of the spring rush and taking a look around your home for signs of damage. What may seem small now can lead to much bigger issues and your home will thank you for taking care of it. If you do see any of the above signs please contact your trusted Aurora house painter for a consultation and estimate. Right now is also a great time for big spring savings so save yourself a little cash and freshen up your home for spring! For more tips be sure to like us over on Facebook where we post twice a week.